Monday, January 10, 2011

Freindship Muscles

At work today I was really friendly and really good. It was exhausting.

I was working on the counter. This means that I interact with customers and their differing attitudes and outlooks for five hours. I decided to try extra hard to be friendly and see how my day went. I made solid eye contact with each customer, smiled, asked them about their day in a sincere and interested manner and tried to strike up conversation with them if I had time. It was fun and I felt good. I also felt tired. It took a lot of energy to be so nice. I think that the muscles that I use to be friendly are out of shape. I don't have the endurance that I should.

As my day went on I felt like I was having an easier and more natural time of it. It's something to work on.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the EXACT same way. It's tiring to be friendly, and easier not to, but way more fun and enjoyable when you are.

    ReplyDelete